- Meet other parents, grandparents and guardians
- Have a fun time with family members
- Learn some new parenting skills
- Take home FREE children's books
- Children play, laugh and enjoy other children
- Fluroide is the most effective weapon to combat tooth decay
- Children need to rinse for 1 minute, once a week
- Dentists promote children rinsing with fluoride
- Dickinson-Iron County wells do not usually contain fluoride
- Check out the local school fluoride mouthrinse programs
Michigan Legislators show big concern for children
Big challenge reported: Mental Illness issues
20% to 30% of children in the UP are in poverty
Poverty is the biggest indicator of health issues
There is a lack of prevention funding
Good News: MI reading schores are up
80 early childhood programs in Michigan
- My daughter is now reading independently!
- Joe's comprehension has really improved!
- My granddaughter reads aloud and loves reading!
- Children are so excited to read new books!
- More families are reading together!
- Children are selecting their owns books from shelves!
- Parents with reading challenges are reading more!
- More families have home libraries with many books!
EARLY CHILDHOOD PROGRAM CONTACTS – Email Great Start Partners For More Information On Great Start, Parent Leaders And Early Childhood – CLICK LOGOS BELOW:
• Barb Reisner - Great Start Collaborative
• Jonathan Ringel - Great Start Parent Coalition
• Deb Dupras - Great Start to Quality Child Care
• Debbie Beauchamp - DIISD
• Casey McCormick - Head Start
• Cherie Fila - Early On
• Jill Doll - Northpointe
• Ruth Holmes - Health Departments
• John Estes - Braumart Theatre
• Kristy Howell - MDHHS: MI Dept. of Health&Human Services
• ECIC - Early Childhood Investment Corporation: EC Programs
• MDE - Michigan Department of Education: Office of Great Start