Pregnant women often have a misconception regarding the effect marijuana smoking has on their newborn. THC, the active ingredient in marijuana can cross the placenta and reach the fetus! There is a belief that marijuana is safe without scientific backing. (The New York Times, 2/3/17)
- For information on DCCAN: Sherri Petschar @ 715-251-4541
- Vision: to create a collaborative to enhance college readiness
- Mission # 1: to provide services to support students
- Mission # 2: to connect students with college readiness info.
- Goal # 1: to increase reading proficiency by end of grade 3
- Goal # 2: to help prepare students for college/career opportunities
- Define: Smoke that lingers on surfaces
- Thirdhand Smoke on clothing, furniture, carpets, walls...
- Children vulnerable when crawl on floors, fingers in mouth...
- Children exposed face 2X risk of getting COPD later in life
- SOLUTION: Create smokefree environments for family
Brush your child's teeth after feeding and at bedtime
Do not share food, drinks, forks, spoons or toothbrushes
Use FLUORIDE to stop children's tooth decay
Feed children healthy foods: fruits, vegis, milk, yogurt...
No bottle when bedtime - water only, no sugar!
Baby has 20 little teeth - wipe off germs before bedtime
Healthy FOOD = Healthy TEETH
EARLY CHILDHOOD PROGRAM CONTACTS
Barb Reisner - Great Start: firstname.lastname@example.org
Jonathan Ringel - GS Parents: email@example.com
Deb Dupras - Child Care: firstname.lastname@example.org
Debbie Beauchamp - DIISD: email@example.com
Casey McCormick - Early Childhood: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cherie Fila - Early On: email@example.com
Maria Johns - Imagination Library: firstname.lastname@example.org
Jennifer McCarty - Northpointe: JMccarty@NBHS.Org
Ruth Holmes - Health Deparment: email@example.com
John Estes - Braumart Theatre: firstname.lastname@example.org
ECIC - Early Childhood: MChenier@ecic4kids.org
MDE - Office of Great Start